At Astarita & Associates, our Nassau County and Suffolk County personal injury attorneys have developed a system to maximize personal injury recoveries for each client. Every file receives the constant attention of an attorney at our firm. As a small firm that only files lawsuits for those seriously injured in accidents, or for those who have lost a family member because of another person’s negligence, we are able to offer each client personal and individualized attention in addressing and resolving his or her legal matter.
Our personal injury lawyers and on-staff private investigators provide clients with a comprehensive investigation and aggressive representation. Our goal is to give clients the time to take care of their medical needs, families, and finances while we pursue a successful financial recovery for them. We seek maximum compensation for pain and suffering, lost earnings, and all medical expenses caused by the accident.
In response to the needs of our clients, Astarita & Associates, P.C., is proud to announce an association with the personal injury lawyers at Foley Griffin, LLP. Lead personal injury attorney, Tom Foley, who has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients, will be overseeing all aspects of Astarita & Associate's newly formed personal injury department. Our clients should expect the same level of attentive service that we have provided to our criminal clients for 17 years.
Tom Foley has been practicing law since 1994. The focus of his practice is exclusively plaintiff's personal injury. Examples of the type of cases that Tom has handled include the following:
• Auto Accidents. Auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents are common occurrences on the Long Island freeways and roads. We represent persons injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents on Long Island, in New York City, and their surrounding communities.
• Truck and Bus Accidents. Our lawyers know that there can be numerous causes of truck and bus collisions with other motor vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians, and work diligently to prove those causes and obtain compensation for our clients.
• Premises Accidents / Slip and Fall. Premises accidents include accidents on streets, on sidewalks, in parking lots, and in buildings or retail stores.
• Worksite Accidents. Injuries that occur due to another person’s negligence while working on a construction site or worksite are potential personal injury claims that may not be covered by workers’ compensation.
• Dog Bites & Animal Attacks. Animals known to be vicious can and do cause severe cosmetic and emotional injuries. In New York, specific laws govern the care and restraint of domestic animals and pets. If you have been injured by an animal, you may have claims against the pet’s owner. Please contact us for assistance and advice. We have experience handling claims involving serious animal attacks, and we will help you understand the nature of your potential claim.
Tom pays diligent attention to communicating with his clients. With the aid of this staff, attorney Kelly Guthy, paralegals Nadine Javits and Nicole Feuer, Tom's clients are always well-informed about the status of their case. Whatever method of communication the client prefers, phone or email, Tom and his staff regularly contact their clients to check on their status and make sure all questions are answered.
Most signifcantly, Tom and his staff get results. As a seasoned trial attorney, Tom is very often on trial in the Courts of New York State. With a particular focus on cases in Suffolk and Nassau Counties, Tom is well-regarded by the Judges, attorneys, and staff in all courtrooms he enters. Without being adversarial with anyone, Tom aggressively pursues the interests of his client, while maintaining the dignity of the profession. His results are impressive. Below are some results from cases that Tom has handled:
As our client was walking through the lobby of a Class A office building in Manhattan, she was caused to fall due to a greasy condition upon the floor. As a result of the fall, she suffered a fractured hip requiring surgery. We settled this case as the jury was deliberating after several weeks of trial.
Our client was injured on a City street in Brooklyn while walking home late at night. He suffered a broken ankle when he stepped into a hole created by a gap between the sidewalk and a detached portion of the curb. He underwent surgery to repair the damage.
Our client was 18 months old when she was attacked by her step-grandmother’s dog at the step-grandmother’s Long Island home. She suffered facial scarring. The insurance company immediately offered the child the full amount of their policy, $100,000. After taking the matter to jury selection, the step-grandmother paid $75,000 personally on top of the insurance policy.
We represented the family of a day laborer from Ecuador who was killed after he was dropped from the bucket of a bulldozer at a construction site. The settlement was with the New York State Insurance Fund; prior to resolution, the insurance company for the construction company and property owner went bankrupt.
We were able to recover this amount for the Queens family of a teenage year-old girl who was struck and killed by a private bus as it turned a corner while passing through a stop sign without stopping. The bus company and its driver claimed that the City of New York was partly responsible.
Obviously past results don't guarantee future awards or settlements. However, insurance companies know Tom and respect his abilities. This gives Tom instant credibility when he is negotiating a settlement.
Our attorneys understand the need to investigate each accident, preserve evidence, and hire essential experts for the most complete presentation of your case. Foley Griffin, LLP, partners handle the progression and representation of your claim from investigation to settlement or trial.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you your personal injury case. Since our fee is based upon the recovery, there is never a fee for a consultation. Call Astarita & Associates now to arrange for a free confidential consultation (Se habla español) with our personal injury attorney, Tom Foley.
Suffolk County Office
33 Main Street
Southampton, NY 11968
Nassau County Office
666 Old Country Road, Suite 305
Garden City, NY 11530